Call forwarding is a method that transfer the incoming phone calls to another cell phone/telephone number where the desired party is available to speak to you. However, there have been instances where the service is activated on a newly purchased SIM card or cell phone and this leads to unwanted transfer of phone calls. If you are a Jio SIM holder, and are experiencing similar issues or want to disable the service, here is a step-by-step procedure on how to disable call forwarding in Jio:
How to deactivate call forwarding in Jio?
Two methods can help you disable call forwarding for a Jio connection. The first process involves using the settings and turning off the call forwarding service/facility. The second technique uses the Jio call divert deactivation number to stop the service for your connection. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to cancel call forwarding in Jio:
Also Read | How to check JIO balance and recharge plan
How to deactivate call forwarding in Jio? (System Settings)
- Locate and open the system settings of your feature/smartphone.
- Locate the ‘Apps’ settings from the settings menu
- Open the Apps settings and locate ‘System app settings.’
- Then find ‘Call settings‘ in the system app settings and open it
- Then look for the ‘Call Forwarding‘ option and open it
- Here you will find all the Call forwarding options, and you can enable or disable call forwarding from here.
Also Read | How to activate Jio SIM on Mobile 2020
What if I do not find the call forwarding settings in my device?
It is likely that the call forwarding setting of your device may not be in the same place as described above. In such case, try to find the call forwarding setting through the search settings option. If you do not find call forwarding settings in the search results, the settings may not have been provided by the device manufacturer. In case of absence of ‘call forwarding’ settings on your device, you can use the USSD code to cancel the call forwarding for your Jio connection.
How to deactivate call forwarding in Jio? (Jio call divert deactivation number)
- Open the dialer on your cell phone
- Dial the Jio call divert deactivation number (USSD code)
- Follow the steps shown on the screen
What is the Jio call divert deactivation number?
Jio provides five USSD codes that can be dialed to enable or disable call forwarding over a Jio connection. These USSD codes have different uses and parameters to enable or disable call forwarding on your phone. Here is a list of all Jio call divert activation and deactivation numbers, which are listed on the official website of Reliance Jio:
- Call Forwarding Unconditional – *402
- Call Forwarding – no answer – *404
- Call Forwarding – busy – *406
- Call Conditional Call Forwarding – not reachable – *410
- All Forwarding – *413
How does Call Forwarding work?
Call forwarding is a cellular service that diverts all Phone calls received by you to the number you have transfer availed the service to another destination. When you are activating call forwarding for your connection, you must also provide the destination phone / mobile number on which you want to receive your call. Once the process is complete then your all phone calls are diverted to the number you have provided as the forwarding destination.