If you are looking for ultra-cheap data, then chances are Jio is your network of choice. But buying a Jio SIM is only half the job. Users will have to manually activate the SIM to enjoy free voice calling and data services from Mukesh Ambani-promoted Telco. Don’t worry though, this can be done through a tele-verification call to Jio’s customer service. The process of activating the Jio SIM is very simple and only the details mentioned at the time of purchasing the SIM are required. Here is a step by step guide on how you can activate Jio SIM for voice and data services.
How to activate Jio SIM (Voice Call):
Follow these simple steps to activate Voice Calling (VoLTE) on your Jio SIM:
- Before jumping into the activation process, check if you have received a confirmation SMS from Jio asking for tele-verification.
- If you have not received the message, dial 1977 from the Jio number to activate both voice and data services.
- Users will be asked for the last 4 digits of the submitted identity – a voter ID card or Aadhaar card – so keep them in mind when calling.
- Once done, the Jio SIM should be activated within 1-2 hours, although in some cases, it may take 4-5 hours.
How to activate Jio SIM (data)
- To activate data or internet services on your Jio SIM, dial 1800-890-1977 (toll-free number) from any mobile number mentioned in the user’s Jio SIM form.
- Data services will be activated on entering the newly purchased Jio mobile number.
Bus! These simple steps will ensure that your Jio SIM is activated and you can enjoy calls, SMS, and data on your new phone number.
Also Check | What is Blog Commenting Sites and its Benefits